Friday, November 18, 2016

Week 4 - Force and Motion!

WEEK 4
I learned three students’ names and it makes me feel a little bit better about really knowing the students! We also had a blast today dancing.
To start with, we recapped on gravity and then I began to introduce our new subject…FORCE and MOTION. We talked about how force is a push or pull and motion is when an object moves from one place to another. We also talked about kinesphere and what swinging, sustained, and percussive movement looks like.
Then we went and danced the movement –trying pulling in a swinging, sustained, and percussive quality.
Then we danced all pushing movement in a swinging, sustained, and percussive quality.

I had all the students watch Mrs. Stilson, Mrs. Hempinkamp and I demonstrate three different movements. Each of us picked
PUSH or PULL
Then we each did our push or pull either swinging, sustained, or percussive. Then we taught each other our moves and put them together, and did them all at the same time as a dance.
Then I numbered off the students from 1-6 and it split them up into the 6 groups that I put numbers down in the corners and sides of the room. The students then had to make up a dance with the movement they were given about FORCE (push or pull) using either sustained, percussive, or swinging movement.

It was INCREDIBLE to see what the students came up with!! With my drum I went around the room and drummed a beat to what type of movement they were doing as a group. This helped build unity and established different energy qualities of movement in the students’ bodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment